Pre-Season 2014

By | 4/16/2014 10:30:00 PM Leave a Comment


Name:Tim Miscovich Jr.

Age: 22

DOB: 28.05.1991

Hometown: Ashburn, VA/St. Augustine Beach, FL

Position: QB

Current Team: Rhein-Neckar Bandits (GFL1)

Previous Teams: Frankfurt Universe (GFL 2)


Starting a bit late in the pre-season, so I am going to try to sum it all up pretty quickly for you today!


I injured my throwing shoulder at the end of the 2013 season in Frankfurt and was looking for a good Physical Therapist in the Mannheim area, where I was living at the time. Patrick Griesheimer (HC Wiesbaden Phantoms GFL 2) helped me to get in contact with Kevin Hambrecht (aka. Socko aka. Big Sexy) who assisted me with my search. I ended up working with Christian from M1 the Fitmacher in Mannheim, and he did an awesome job getting me all fixed up. From that Kevin and I spoke some more through text and FB...this led to us meeting up for a coffee along with Daniel Messling (WR) and Janes Spegg (OL) from the Bandits, the rest is history.


Training with the team began in November. I was quite surprised to see the number of players in attendance of the winter off-season workouts, we had almost 40 players at every training. It was quite awesome to see the dedication level of my new teammates. Fast forward to January/February..the numbers in training started to decline a bit, but the core group of guys were mostly always there and in the gym training hard for the up-coming season.


April 5th 1st scrimmage against the Razorbacks (GFL 2)

I actually lost the last game of the 2013 season to the Razorbacks in Frankfurt, so it was nice to be able to start off the 2014 season, finally healthy, against the team that ended my 2013 season on a very negative note.


We were missing a lot of players, but still played a decent game for the 1st match of the season, unfortunately we came out on the losing end, but all in all we showed some positive progress, which outweighed the loss for me.







April 12th 2nd scrimmage against Dresden (GFL 1)

5am bus departure....nothing worse in the world than an early bus departure, oh wait we had to drive 7 hours still, so I guess it can get worse ;)


We arrived to Dresden about 2 hours before kick-off, so we had to squeeze all 4 hours of pre-game events in to half the time. I think this hurt us, but may have also helped because we had to snap out of our bus coma, and the little bit of pressure may have helped!


29 vs. 1000000 or so it felt. We traveled with 29 players or so and I think Dresden had at least 60 on their sideline. We lacked back-ups which forced some players to play both ways throughout the entire game, a little nice 3 hour cardio session for a few of the Bandits (Mainly Lineman, so I guess it was a good thing that the big guys ran a bit).


Ended up losing the game and suffering a few injuries, but hey thats football!


25 days until the 1st game of the season 11.05.2014 in Marburg against the Mercenaries!


Now it is time for me to head to the Doc for an MRI!


Have a great day and check back for the next post!


Hint:


(It's a bird, it's a plane...no it's a Lion!)



0 comments:

Post a Comment