Guatemala City ----> ein Quadrate Stadt

By | 4/17/2014 01:45:00 PM Leave a Comment
Name: David Giron Jansa

DOB: 9.12.1991
Age: 22
Position: WR
Hometown: Guatemala City, Guatemala
Current Team: Rhein-Neckar Bandits


Previous Team: Western Carolina University










Not many people know about football in Guatemala, everything is about soccer or Futbol. I was a Futbol player all my life, but for some reason there was something missing. When I watched football for the first time I wasnt sure what it was all about, but there was something about it which made me want to learn about it. I think football is a hard sport to understand, It has many rules, but once people learn it people love it. For me it was the same story I liked it but i did not fall in love until I understood what was going on. I was in my last years of high school when I went crazy about football and I wanted to play. Sadly Guatemala does not really have football, so it was just a dream for me. Luckily with the help of my parents I was able to go and play one year of football in the US. I realized I had some talent and got the opportunity to play on a D1 college football team. Now I am in Germany playing the sport that I love.








When I first came to Germany I did not know what to expect. At the time I had not heard much about football in Germany. It was until I landed with the Bandits that I realized football was no joke in Germany, and the people who play it take it very serious. After my first two Games here in Germany, I have been impressed with the fans and all the people helping to make this possible. I think Germany has great potential and football getting more and more famous everyday. I have been able to play in big games in the US and honestly once I am on the field I do not even realize I'm in Germany. People play it with the same intensity and heart, which I think makes it special. The level surprised me as well, so much talent and I cannot wait for the regular season to start.




David and I met in a bar on a Monday night in Mannheim...this is where the story usually goes in a much different direction...but now not only is he my WR, but I am also lucky enough to have him as a friend!



Congrats on the first TD, bro. Let's go get a few more!




0 comments:

Post a Comment